Combat organized crime with ALPR cameras
Record and evaluate ALPR data in real time by using VECTOR² cameras, TraffiData analysis software and TraffiMobile cameras for combating organized crime.
Jenoptik's advanced technologies, products and services help law enforcement agencies combat organized crime and terrorism. Our experts have years of experience in international projects and will advise you competently on how to effectively increase civil security. Automatic license plate recognition helps to combat organized crime especially at high-risk locations such as connecting roads, city centres, airports and public buildings.
Portable and stationary ALPR cameras and analysis software provide continuous traffic surveillance. VECTOR² cameras are compact, robust and powerful, and can be installed on traffic lights, lighting columns or any other existing masts. Recorded ALPR data is transmitted in real time then processed in a secure data centre. TraffiData analysis software is then used to evaluate the data for comparison against hotlists, instantly alerting the law enforcement agencies when a suspect vehicle is identified.
TraffiMobile enables local teams to record license plates anywhere and at any time. ALPR cameras can also be used for mobile applications, e.g. inside vehicles. Roads can then be monitored where the installation of stationary cameras is impossible or undesirable. Combinations of stationary, portable and mobile traffic surveillance along with professional big data management enable civil security to be increased at local, regional and national levels.
- Versatile and safe: Continuous surveillance is assured by using combinations of stationary, portable and mobile ALPR cameras and professional big data management.
- High resolution: VECTOR² cameras and TraffiMobile always deliver clear images.
- Effective: TraffiData analysis software evaluates large amounts of ALPR data quickly and systematically.
- Automatic: Law enforcement agencies are alerted instantly when a suspect vehicle is identified.
- Customised: Jenoptik's experts customise products and services to meet the precise needs of customers.
- Civil security: Law enforcement agencies can use Jenoptik’s ALPR solutions to automatically record license plates and analyse the data in real time thereby combating organized crime.
Combating organized crime: Product overview
Products to combat organized crime
VECTOR² automatic license plate recognition camera
Effective combating of organized crime using VECTOR² ALPR cameras
VECTOR² cameras automatically record license plates and restrict the opportunities for organized crime.
Automatic license plate recognition is already increasing civil security in many countries with law enforcement agencies using networked VECTOR² cameras from Jenoptik.
VECTOR² cameras monitor strategic and high-risk locations such as connecting roads, city centres, airports and public buildings. When a vehicle passes a camera, the license plate is recorded and compared against hotlists. VECTOR² cameras function independently of each other and transmit the ALPR data to a data centre for analysis. ALPR data is processed in real time, alerting law enforcement agencies when a suspect vehicle approaches, enabling them to react quickly and effectively to combat organized crime.
Benefits of VECTOR²
- Effective: ALPR enables law enforcement agencies to detect and combat criminal activity early on.
- Compact: The equipment is low weight and integrated into a single unit that can be installed on existing traffic lights, sign posts, gantries or bridges.
- Powerful: VECTOR² cameras reliably record license plates even under difficult weather and lighting conditions.
- Competent: Jenoptik experts are highly experienced in ALPR technology.
Applications of VECTOR²
Civil security: VECTOR² cameras are enabling law enforcement agencies to quickly detect suspect vehicles.
TraffiData analysis software
Big data management: Combating organized crime using TraffiData
Jenoptik’s TraffiData analysis software processes huge amounts of ALPR data in real time and automatically alerts law enforcement agencies.
Specially designed TraffiData analysis software reliably evaluates millions of recorded license plates every day. An algorithm compares the ALPR data against hotlists in real time and automatically alerts law enforcement agencies to suspect vehicles. Crimes can then be detected early on, with quick responses to increase civil security.
License plates can be recorded by individual or multiple networked VECTOR² cameras, with recorded license plates being processed in a data centre. TraffiData can use filters to identify movement patterns and to reconstruct routes and links to other vehicles.
ALPR data that fails to return hits when compared against hotlists is either deleted immediately or after a specified time period, complying with legal requirements and functions according to data protection regulations.
Advanced and secure big data management is the basis for effectively combating organized crime.
Benefits of TraffiData
- Automatic: Filters ensure that data is compared against hotlists, and suspect vehicles are reported.
- Secure: TraffiData is specially designed to process large amounts of data securely and in real time.
- Data protection compliant: TraffiData complies with legal requirements.
- Flexible: TraffiData allows the user to reconstruct the patterns of behaviour and journeys of suspect vehicles.
- Efficient: An advanced algorithm saves costs, time and resources.
Applications of TraffiData
Civil security: TraffiData analysis software evaluates large amounts of data, assisting law enforcement agencies to combat organized crime.
TraffiMobile automatic license plate recognition
TraffiMobile: License plate recognition cameras for mobile organized crime prevention
TraffiMobile cameras from Jenoptik can be installed in vehicles to enable full coverage organized crime prevention.
TraffiMobile is a practical addition to your network of stationary VECTOR² cameras. It is both mobile and portable and can be installed as a concealed system in vehicles. Automatic license plate recognition is then possible anywhere and at any time, for temporary monitoring or along road sections unsuitable for stationary traffic enforcement systems, providing flexibility and keeping costs down.
Mobile license plate recognition cameras deliver high-resolution, clear images under difficult conditions such as from a moving vehicle. Data from TraffiMobile can be processed by the TraffiData analysis software via an easy to use interface.
Pre-configured hotlists and filters enable the detection and reporting of suspect vehicles. TraffiMobile is an important part of the fight against organized crime and helps to noticeably increase civil security.
Benefits of TraffiMobile
- Flexible: TraffiMobile is suitable for both mobile and portable use, e.g. in vehicles.
- Saves on resources: Mobile crime prevention saves on cost, time and personnel.
- User friendly: An easy to use interface.
- Effective: TraffiMobile captures license plates any time and anywhere, wherever data is needed.
Applications of TraffiMobile
Civil security: TraffiMobile provides complete organized crime prevention.
Increase public safety by using intelligent solutions from Jenoptik
You may find this also interesting!
Do you have any questions? We will be happy to help!
+43 1 6982133-22
+49 2173 3940 -169
Sales United Kingdom
+44 1183 13 0370