Border security: ALPR for real time field intelligence
VECTOR² cameras and TraffiData enable border patrol agents to detect remote crossings and checkpoint avoidance.
Border security: Combating the Transnational Criminal Organizations (TCOs)
Criminals frequently utilize a remote portion of the border to smuggle drugs, run bulk cash and traffic humans. Our solutions can detect the license plate (VECTOR² and TraffiData) of every vehicle allowing authorities to investigate criminal activities. Hotlist alerts can automatically be generated within seconds enabling law enforcement agents to respond immediately.
ALPR data that doesn’t return any hits against hotlists is deleted either immediately or after a specified time. The TraffiData software therefore complies with data protection regulations and strictly adheres to legal requirements.
Arrest by appointment
With today’s advancements in innovation and technology, it is possible to enable police officers to be proactive and take accurate measurements and actions to fight crime.
Rather than deploying an officer to a particular area or intersection and waiting hours, sometimes days to make an arrest, the “Intercept Report” from Jenoptik’s TraffiData software allows an officer to achieve this in less time and with a higher level of confidence.
TraffiData is the Back Office Facility (BOF) software that enables police to Capture, Analyze and Act by providing powerful analytical insights to improve situational awareness. TraffiData, through existing cameras, studies the behavioral movement of the vehicles. Utilizing the “Intercept Report”, the software can predict with high confidence the exact location, day of the week and time a vehicle of interest most likely to be there. This enables the officer to show up at such location minutes before the vehicle passes and make the arrest.
With the “Intercept Report” from Jenoptik, it is possible to make an arrest by appointment.
Benefits to you
- Fast: Alerts agents of a hotlist sighting within seconds enabling them to take proactive measures.
- Reliable: VECTOR² cameras deliver high-resolution images with high read accuracy and capture rate.
- Easy to use: VECTOR² cameras is an all-in-one unit and software can quickly be installed, configured and operated.
- Durable: VECTOR² cameras are robust and built to withstand harsh environments.
- Big Data: Using agency defined hotlists, investigators and interdiction agents can develop patterns and actionable intelligence on human, drug, and bulk cash smugglers.
- Data protection compliant: ALPR data that doesn’t return hits against hotlists is deleted immediately.
- Border security and protection.
Product overview for border security
Products for border security
VECTOR² automatic license plate recognition camera
VECTOR² cameras: Controlling borders in real time
VECTOR² cameras from Jenoptik capture license plates automatically and increase civil security.
A network of powerful VECTOR² ALPR cameras reliably detects the vehicles crossing borders. The cameras deliver high-resolution images even at poor visibility locations such as tunnels, bridges and harbours.
Automatic license plate recognition functions in real time. Data from all VECTOR² cameras is automatically processed and analysed in a data centre using TraffiData analysis software, whether the cameras are installed at single or multiple locations. Law enforcement agenciesare then promptly alerted when a suspect vehicle approaches a border thereby helping them to increase civil security.
- High resolution: VECTOR² cameras deliver clear images day and night.
- Automatic: VECTOR² cameras record and process data in real time.
- Flexible: New cameras are quick and easy to install using the existing network, for permanent or temporary traffic surveillance.
- Individualised: Our experts have years of experience provide competent advice and deliver projects to precisely meet requirements.
- National and international borders: VECTOR² cameras enable law enforcement agencies to record vehicles on bridges, in tunnels and at ports.
TraffiData analysis software
Big data management: TraffiData for reliable data evaluation
TraffiData analysis software processes data from VECTOR² cameras in real time, for optimal automatic license plate recognition.
At borders around the world, VECTOR² cameras are recording large amounts of ALPR data every day. TraffiData analysis software stores this information, evaluates it and automatically compares it against hotlists.
ALPR data analysis takes place in real time to promptly alert law enforcementservices when a suspect vehicle approaches a border, enabling a quick response. TraffiData uses algorithms to identify movement patterns and to reconstruct routes and links to other vehicles.
All information is stored in accordance with legal requirements and data protection regulations with ALPR data deleted immediately or after a specified time if there are no matches found when compared to hotlists. Reliable big data management is the basis for effective law enforcementwork, increasing civil security by facilitating prompt identification of criminal acts and organised crime.
- Instant: TraffiData processes recorded ALPR data in real time.
- Retrospective: TraffiData can analyse ALPR data retrospectively and reconstruct the routes and movement patterns of suspect vehicles.
- Targeted: TraffiData software can be individually adapted to different needs.
- Efficient: A search function enables specific ALPR data to be found quickly and easily.
Regional and national borders: TraffiData analysis software evaluates large amounts of ALPR data to increase civil security.
You may find this also interesting!
Do you have any questions? We will be happy to help!
+61 2 9420 -2500
+43 1 6982133-11
+43 1 6982133-22
+1 905 290 1998
+86 21 3825 2380 -255
+49 2173 3940 -0
+49 2173 3940 -169
+31 13 5772233
Sales United Kingdom
+44 1183 13 0333
+44 1183 13 0370
Sales United States
+1 561 881 7400