Opticline Series Optical Measuring Systems: For Use in Automation
The Opticline CA, AMV, and WMS series optical measuring systems meet the high demands of automation. They deliver precise measured data on your workpieces with repeat accuracy.
The shaft measuring systems have impressive measurement cycle of just seconds. This means you can efficiently monitor production, and generate less waste. The systems come in various designs so that they can be loaded either horizontally or vertically. We also offer special measuring system for particularly large and heavy shafts. If necessary, we can tailor our systems to your exact requirements.
Our measurement and evaluation software offers comprehensive functions with additional options for correction value control, and can be effortlessly integrated in the manufacturing process. The program is easy to understand and simple to operate.
The Opticline AMV series: for concatenated use in production
The workpieces that can be tested with the AMV series have a maximum length of 900 mm, and a diameter of up to 230 mm. The measuring times are very quick – even with complex workpiece geometries.
The Opticline WMS series: optical measuring systems for particularly large and heavy workpieces
The shaft measuring systems can be used as an SPC measuring station, or if necessary, they can be integrated into the automated production run via intelligent hardware and software interfaces. The systems come in various designs so that they can be loaded either horizontally or vertically. They are extremely robust, and are ideal for continuous precision measurements in tough production environments.
The WMS series machines impress with their flexibility and high measuring accuracy across the entire measuring range. This is ensured by a cascading camera system that can deliver bi-directional probing of up to the maximum diameters without any losses in performance or resolution. The WMS measuring systems also ensure that measurements take just seconds, even with very large workpieces, allowing you to optimum and efficient monitoring of the production process.
Customer-specific optical measuring systems for use in automation
Application exampleValves present particular challenges when it comes to shaft measurement technology because they do not have any centering holes for concentric workpiece support. For this reason, Jenoptik has developed vacuum device. This offers secure workpiece support for valves, which means they are not covered by a clamping device. The whole valve is measured in just seconds.
- Diameters, lengths, radii
- Angles, valve seat angle
- Roundness, radial run-out, valve seat
Software and interfaces
With our intelligent software and interfaces, the measuring systems quickly correct one or several processing machines to ensure the most efficient production process possible, and to help avoid waste. An integrated PLC interface connects the measuring system with the overarching loading system.
Automated interfaces for
- Correction control (post process)
- Classification, signing
Possible machine arrangements
Arrangement and loading options
- Vertical installation, loading with robots
- Horizontal installation, loading with portable gantries from above
- Horizontal hanging installation (above conveyor belt), loading with lift-off station
- Precise and fast: High measuring accuracy; no operator influence on results. The measuring systems can be integrated into the machining process.
- Ergonomic and safe: Automated loading possible; even heavy workpieces are easy to handle.
- Robust and virtually wear-free: Optimized for use in production.
- Efficient: Reduce waste and material consumption.
- Customer-specific: Horizontal and vertical system design possible, project-specific housings and enclosures, systems that can be customized according to your workpieces and measuring tasks.
- Easy to understand operating software: Minimal training requirements and intuitive operation.
- Automotive industry: Measurement of turbochargers, engine valves, pistons, camshafts and crank shafts, gear shafts and drive shafts.
- Turned and ground parts producers: Measure shaft-shaped, largely axially symmetrical workpieces.
- Medical technology: Measure implants, bone screws, and rotating instruments.