Average speed cameras improving road safety
Jenoptik average speed cameras increase safety along hazardous road sections. They provide improved and safer traffic flows and therefore lower emissions.
Average speed cameras are regarded as one of the surest ways of increasing safety along hazardous road sections, e.g. at tunnels, bridges, motorways and roadworks. Jenoptik's systems have also been proven to help improve traffic flow and reduce CO² emissions. Speed measurement begins when a vehicle enters a specified road section. A high-resolution average speed camera records the number plate using state-of-the-art cryptological technology, together with a time stamp. When the vehicle exits the road section, the number plate is re-captured by the average speed camera. The two anonymous data records are compared and an average speed calculated as evidence of speeding.
Jenoptik average speed cameras comply with data protection regulations by saving number plates only for speeding vehicles. In such cases, the system can capture rear and front images to uniquely identify the driver when required. The data is transmitted only to the police or the authorities. The average speed cameras automatically switch to night mode using an integrated infrared flash for clear black-and-white images even in the dark.
Different speed limits for different vehicle types can also be set, with simultaneous monitoring of two, four or more lanes. Monitored road sections can be linked as required with additional entry and exit points for multisection enforcement. Jenoptik average speed cameras for average speed enforcement are certified and approved in many countries such as Austria, Switzerland, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom.
- Precision: The average speed cameras precisely and reliably measure average vehicle speed.
- Effective: The average speed cameras help to keep roads safe and traffic flowing thereby reducing emissions.
- Flexible: Average speed enforcement cameras can be installed permanently or temporarily, e.g. during roadworks.
- Legally admissible: High-resolution images clearly identify vehicles with optional driver recognition for speeding offences.
- Data protection compliant: All evidence is encrypted and stored only in the event of offences.
- Secure: The average speed cameras use state-of-the-art cryptological technology.
- Speed enforcement: Systems to measure average speeds along road sections.
- Civil security: Speed measuring units enable vehicle identification and the tracking of vehicle movements.
- Number plate recognition: Number plates can be compared against watch lists.
- Recording of journey times: The data can be used to inform drivers about predicted journey time or can be used for traffic flow statistics.
TraffiSection S450: Modular average speed camera and legally admissible evidence
Effective and reliable monitoring of multiple entry and exit points along road sections.
TraffiSection determines average vehicle speeds along road sections. The stationary gantry system (bridge system) is modular in design and can be adapted to your needs. Simultaneous monitoring of multiple lanes is easy as well as the linking of multiple entry and exit points along a road section.
The average speed camera system stores captured data only for speeding offences. Separate speed limits can be set for different vehicle classes. In the event of a speeding offence, the traffic cameras can optionally provide front and rear images as evidence to optimally identify vehicles and drivers. The images are high-resolution, daytime or night.
The TraffiSection average speed camera is officially approved in Germany (PTB), Austria (BEV) and Switzerland (Metas) to record average speeds.
For customers in Austria and Switzerland, the approvals also permit connection to an existing variable message sign (VMS) system.
Benefits of TraffiSection
- Precise: The average speed camera precisely measure average vehicle speeds.
- Modular: TraffiSection is easy to install and connect.
- Legally admissible: High-resolution images clearly identify drivers and vehicles in the event of speeding offences.
- User-friendly: The average speed camera are quick and easy to maintain.
- Approved: TraffiSection can be used in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Applications of TraffiSection
Speed enforcement: Stationary systems to measure average speeds along road sections.
VECTOR P2P: Monitoring average speeds along road sections
Monitor average speeds across up to four lanes using an effective and compact average speed camera system.
The VECTOR P2P average speed cameras can be used for monitoring average speeds across up to four lanes. The average speed camera is ideal for roadsides, bridges and in tunnels as well as to increase safety at roadworks and road sections susceptible to accidents and traffic congestion. Incoming and outgoing traffic can be monitored simultaneously. Depending on camera positioning, rear or front images of the vehicle can be captured.
The high-resolution average speed cameras reliably capture vehicle number plates by day or night. When lighting conditions fall below a specified threshold, the VECTOR P2P measuring systems automatically switch to night mode. The average speed cameras for average speed enforcement can be used as stationary and semi-stationary systems. The compact design of the VECTOR P2P makes it particularly easy to install and connect. Installation time and costs are therefore reduced to a minimum.
The VECTOR P2P systems are highly accurate in calculating average vehicle speeds. They are approved by the British Home Office (HOTA, product name SPECS) and by the Netherlands Metrology Institute (NMi).
Traffic accidents numbers have been proven to significantly decrease wherever VECTOR P2P average speed cameras have been deployed. This means safer journeys for all road users as well as improved traffic flows.
Benefits of VECTOR P2P
- Flexible: Average speed enforcement across four lanes simultaneously.
- Bidirectional: Incoming and outgoing traffic can be monitored.
- Legally admissible evidence: Front and rear images enable optimal vehicle identification.
- Saves costs: Low infrastructure and maintenance costs.
- Reliable: The average speed cameras produce high-resolution images even in poor lighting conditions and on dark roads.
- Precise: The systems are approved by the British Home Office (HOTA, product name SPECS) and by the Netherlands Metrology Institute (NMi).
- Efficient: The average speed cameras are low energy.
- User friendly: The compact and lightweight design of the systems make them easy to install.
Applications of VEVTOR P2P
- Speed enforcement: Stationary systems to measure average speeds along road sections.
- Civil security: Number plate comparisons against watch lists when legally permitted.
- Recording of journey times: Drivers can be informed about the predicted journey times in roadworks. The information can also be used for traffic flow statistics.
Do you have any questions? We will be happy to help!
+61 2 9420 -2500
+43 1 6982133-11
+43 1 6982133-22
+1 905 290 1998
+86 21 3825 2380 -255
+49 2173 3940 -0
+49 2173 3940 -169
+31 13 5772233
Sales United Kingdom
+44 1183 13 0333
+44 1183 13 0370
Sales United States