Modulation of Ultrashort Laser Pulses Using SLM-S Liquid Crystal Spatial Light Modulators from Jenoptik
Use the Jenoptik SLM-S liquid crystal light modulators optimally to spatially resolved modulation of phase and/or amplitude of a light beam.
The Jenoptik SLM-S liquid crystal spatial light modulators are variable phase/amplitude masks and make excellent tools for modulating ultrashort laser pulses. You can use them in a 4f arrangement or a CPA system (Chirped Pulse Amplification), for example, as well as to modulate CW laser light.
Jenoptik offers liquid crystal spatial light modulators with single-mask array for phase or amplitude modulation and with dual-mask array for the simultaneous modulation of phase and amplitude. The modulators are available with a resolution of 640 or 320 strips. Each strip can be individually controlled with 12-bit resolution. This means you can configure any strip pattern.
The liquid crystal light modulators are based on the principle of the electrical control of optical properties of a nematic liquid crystal layer (LC layer). You can use light in the 430 to 1600 nanometer wavelength range. On request, we can manufacture customer-specific antireflection coatings for various spectral ranges.
Liquid crystal based light modulators of type SLM are configurated with USB interface as well as Ethernet connection. This enables an easy integration of the modulators into a computer network.
- Efficient: Simultaneous modulation of phase and amplitude possible
- Powerful: Use in the VIS and NIR spectral range
- Versatile: Use with single- or dual masks
- Customized: Specific antireflection coatings for your applications
- Variable: For operating in reflective configuration with easy mountable mirror
Fields of Application
- Laser and material processing: Pulse shaping of high-power and ultrashort pulse lasers
- Chemistry: Coherent control
- Analytics: Multidimensional microscopy and spectroscopy
- Laser technology: Pulse compression
- Optics: Simple solutions for modulating light, in particular laser light, in the VIS and NIR range
- Photonics: Variable phase/amplitude masks are used for shaping of fs laser pulses whenever researching and implementing ultrafast processes
Application Example Liquid Crystal Spatial Light Modulator
Jenoptik SLM in an outclassed performant pulse shaper system for high power Femtosecond Applications
Scientists use Jenoptik-SLM as the center piece of their novel setup for the shaping of femtosecond pulses.
Scientists at the Abbe-Center-of-Photonics of the Friedrich-Schiller-University in Jena have demonstrated a novel setup for the adaptive shaping of femtosecond pulses. The center piece of their setup is the Jenoptik-SLM.
This is the first time that the full potential of the Jenoptik-SLM has been harnessed in an optimized setup of superior performance. They demonstrate highly-efficient self-learning pulse-shaping of 20fs gradients over a time window of picoseconds. For the first time the full area of the SLM can be used, without degrading the beam quality at any wavelength. Using this approach they can shape pulses of multi-gigawatt peak power with a system efficiency of much more than 60%.
Do you have any questions? Our experts are happy to help.
Sales Liquid Crystal Light Modulators
+49 3641 65-4243
+49 3641 65-3807
Sales Business Unit Healthcare and Industry
+86 021 38252380-102